Android VR Programmer
We’re looking for a talented Android VR programmer to join us in delivering innovative, world class games. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation. We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studio’s goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
As an Android VR Programmer, you will be responsible for:
- Building high quality, scalable features for exciting AAA VR games.
- Optimising and maintaining the performance and stability of our mobile VR builds.
- Collaborating with Artists, designers and gameplay coders to define performance profiles and budgets for mobile platforms.
- Involving yourself with product design and planning, to ensure the highest quality product across high-end and mobile VR platforms.
You have demonstrable skills that include:
- Excellent knowledge of the Android development toolchain and mobile hardware in general.
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math and data structures.
- Performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- Self-motivated and able to dive into a complex system and produce results quickly.
- Ability to communicate and work well with a team of similarly passionate and skilled individuals from multiple disciplines.
- Advanced understanding of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
You have proven experience in:
- Programming high quality features for published Android mobile titles.
- Authoring efficient and scalable code for games.
Ideally you will also have experience with:
- Unreal Engine 4
- VR development
- £TBC dependent on experience
- Full time, permanent contract
- Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
- Pension scheme
- Share Option scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fresh fruit, Bacon Monday’s and Beer Friday’s
- 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 duvet days & your birthday)
- Regular staff outings and social events