Development Manager (Maternity Cover)
The Development Manager is a key role within nDreams and will work alongside the other vertical line managers, to manage and direct the Internal Development Team within the studio. You will collaborate closely with the nDreams Senior Executive Team to ensure VR games and experiences are delivered in line with nDreams strategic, operational and revenue goals.
As Development Manager you will bring your own experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to our development environment and processes, the Production and QA Teams and the Internal Development Studio as a whole. The role reports into the VP of Development and is a temporary 8-month contract to cover maternity leave.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Development Manager has final accountability and responsibility for the on-time, on-budget and to-quality delivery of all titles within nDreams’ Internal Development Studio.
- • You will be responsible for the assessment, implementation and ongoing management of appropriate development processes that ensure efficient delivery of nDreams’ product development goals.
- • You will manage the Production team, ensuring that they possess the necessary skills and capabilities to support a cross-discipline development team at every stage of the product lifecycle, from high concept inception through to post release. Where appropriate, you will recommend Training for individuals and provide ongoing performance management and mentoring.
- • You will be the go-to person for up-to-the-minute information about product development status at every stage of development across all active products, including pre-greenlight projects, new concepts and R&D workstreams.
- • You will be the owner of nDreams’ internal Development capacity plan and, working with the VP of Development, HR and the other vertical line managers, you will co-ordinate forward planning of new hires to ensure efficient delivery of nDreams’ project development goals.
- • You will be responsible for managing and communicating risk across all active projects, including but not limited to; overall development spend, team capability, delivery capacity, feature scope and, working with the VLM team, technical, creative and artistic product performance. Furthermore, working with the VP of Development and VLMs you will pro-actively seek mitigations and resolutions to all arising risks to keep the products’ schedules viable – communicating these resolutions to all relevant stakeholders within appropriate time-scales for ratification.
- • You will oversee our internal Quality Assurance team and be ultimately responsible for the certification of products for publication on platform holder hardware.
- • Working with the Senior Executive Team and the vertical line managers, you will contribute to future product strategic planning – in particular, you will advise on which product concepts fall within the development team’s capabilities, highlighting potential areas of risk and /or conflict with products currently in development.
- • Working with your Production team, you will be responsible for regular weekly reporting and ad-hoc communication of nDreams Development Team status.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Highly experienced Development Manager with a minimum 5 years industry and/or 3+ shipped titles/live service games in a leadership role – prefer mix of console/mobile/PC
- • 3+ years Agile experience (any style, e.g. Scrum/Kanban/BDD/Lean). Scrum certification preferred
- • Extensive experience in people management, budgeting/P&L and capacity planning
- • Effective communicator, able to present at exec level
Why Join nDreams?
- • The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a small, growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- • Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is for a temporary 8-month contract to cover maternity leave and is based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is highly competitive, and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV to email@example.com.