Being surrounded by cutting-edge VR technology means our internal and external computer systems are vitally important to us. We’re looking for an IT Infrastructure Support Specialist who will assist in the smooth running of our IT systems. We need someone to assist in the implementation and maintenance of all our computing needs, and to help ensure we’re using the most appropriate IT solutions as our company changes and grows.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Provide 1st-3rd line support in both BAU and project work.
- • Emergency reaction to network, hardware, software failures.
- • Set up and maintain all machines including (but not exclusive to):
- • New software, hardware & licenses
- • Latest malware and virus checkers
- • Managing permissions
- • New starters
- • Desk Moves
- • External meetings and events
- • Hardware & Software Inventory
- • Ensure security of data, network and back-up systems
- • Help to design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- • Identify, implement and administer new corporate tools
- • Network and Server Administration, Telephony and VPN
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A confident communicator and team player
- • A solid organiser with competency in understanding complex information and IT infrastructure
- • Proven working experience in the following areas is essential:
- • 5+ years industry experience
- • Windows Desktop 8/10
- • Windows Server 2008/12+
- • Office365 (Email, SharePoint, Document sharing, etc.)
- • Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WDS, WSUS, DFS
- • Advanced knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies (Hyper-V)
- • Advanced knowledge of Backup Topologies and Management
- • Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, IPSec, VPN, SSL, TLS, WLAN
- • Knowledge of Cisco / Netgear Networking,
- • Configuration of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Gateways, Network-Layout and Topology
- • Knowledge of Data Storage Management SAN, DAS, RAID etc.
- • Strong Deskside Support Skills and RCA.
- • Capable of adapting to support bleeding edge technologies
- • Asset Management
- • Usage of network monitoring and management tools
- • Call logging, management and closure within SLA
- • ITIL knowledge and awareness
- Demonstrable experience in the following would be advantageous:
- • Cloud Technology-AWS & Azure.
- • VOIP
- • My SQL
- • Experience with IT Support for the Games Industry
- • Microsoft and ITIL Certifications
- • Linux Operating Systems
- • Scripting languages, PowerShell, Batch, VB
Why Join nDreams?
- • Our open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
- • We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), share options and little socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- • Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
This is a permanent role based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, which is an easy commute from Guildford and London. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you’re interested, then we’d be delighted to you to get in touch! Send us your CV via the link or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.