Are you a trailblazing Level Designer looking for an amazing new challenge? Our Creative Director Steve is on the search for a talented Level Designer to become a key member of the design team. As a Level Designer you will be responsible for designing, implementing and iterating environmental locations and mission scenarios in our upcoming AAA-quality VR games.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Through best practices, pacing, flow and collaborating with others, you will deliver exceptional levels for our games that support the core mechanics and Game Director’s vision, from early concept and white box all the way through to final product.
- • Implementing incredible environmental locations, mission scenarios and interactive elements, plus iterating on them to the highest quality through peer feedback and user testing.
- • Working closely with our Lead Level Designer to plan your work, manage your effort and deliver your work in time.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A passionate Level Designer with 2+ years’ experience who is creative, critical, analytical, and has a strong working knowledge of Level Design processes and best practices.
- • Someone with the technical expertise of using Unreal or other level editors and tools to design, implement and iterate on levels and prototypes, plus the initiative, personal drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time.
- • An effective written and verbal communicator, with strong documentation and attention to detail skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively.
- • A true team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multidiscipline team and with the aptitude to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- • Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping a AAA title are both advantageous.
Why Join nDreams?
- • The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a small, growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- • We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), childcare vouchers, share options and little socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- • Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, in easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
apply download pdf job spec