We’re looking for a talented Level Designer to join us here at nDreams to help with the delivery of consistent, well executed and creative levels across multiple projects which are fitting to briefs. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation.
We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studio’s goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
As a Level Designer you will responsible for designing, implementing and iterating environmental locations and mission scenarios. You will collaboratively design and create content to the highest quality from early concepts and white box to finished product. Working closely with the Lead Level Designer, other Designers and team members from other disciplines in helping to ensure nDreams develops world class games and experiences.
- Through best practices, pacing and flow deliver exceptional levels that support the core mechanics from concept through to final product release.
- Ensure content is aligned with Game Directors vision.
- Ensure your work is appropriately developed, presented, documented and communicated throughout your team.
- Work closely with the Lead Level designer to plan your work. Managing your effort and delivering to time and budget.
- Implement environmental locations, mission scenarios and interactive elements. Iterating up to the highest quality through peer feedback and user testing.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Level Design processes and best practices.
- Have experience at using Unreal or other level editors and tools to design, implement and iterate on levels and prototypes.
- Creativity, critical and analytical sense, structure and rigor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively.
- Strong performance and accountability being driven by results and achieving targets. Paying attention to detail and committed to producing work of the highest standard within budget.
- Ability to plan organise and prioritise work. Identifying and managing risk of workload.
- The ability to work collaboratively as a part of a multi discipline team and also on your own initiative.
- Aptitude to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- Deal comfortably with people at all levels. Influencing others through reasoned argument that a recommended course of action is the most appropriate and is correspondingly open to influence by others.
- Help convey and maintain a consistent and positive outlook on development status.
- Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Design Department.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Level Designer.
- Technical expertise at using Unreal and ideally Unity to design, implement and iterate on levels and prototypes.
- Good general knowledge of game development processes from concept to completion
- A passion for VR and games across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of competitive products and a variety of gameplay genres and platform.
- Be able to use prototyping software, such as Unity to the highest level.
- Agile/Scrum experience would be an advantage.
- Shipped a AAA title.
- £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- Full time and permanent.
- Designated free parking.
- Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- Pension scheme
- Share Option scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 duvet days & your birthday)
- Regular staff outings and social events.