Looking for an opportunity that allows you to build and develop an animation team whilst still remaining hands on with the game’s development? Our Art Director Glenn is on the search for a Principal Animator to become a central part of our studio and drive animation excellence across our diverse upcoming VR games. If you are passionate about quality animation and have the skills and desire to inspire an animation team to new heights of excellence, then get in touch.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Create best-in-class animations, adeptly wielding both expert character animation skills and wider cinematic sensibilities.
- • Work closely with the Art Director to input on and explore how a title’s initial art direction can be interpreted within animation. Expertly craft and freely explore diverse animation techniques and styles as required.
- • Evangelise high class animation within the studio. Collaborate closely within multi-disciplined teams to deliver a product where animation excellence helps deliver outstanding end products.
- • Build a top tier animation team. Be responsible for the growth and development of the team – from new hires to inspiring and training existing team members.
- • Be the go to person across the studio for all things animation.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A highly experienced animator, with either 4+ years’ real time games animation experience plus a relevant degree or equivalent qualification, or the equivalent in years of experience.
- • Someone with an adept understanding of animation, timing and weighting, across a varied selection of animation styles, from realistic to stylised.
- • An expert developer with established experience in the use of Motion Builder and the Motion Capture process, plus relevant development software/engines – e.g. Maya, UE4, Unity etc.
- • An experienced team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality.
Why Join nDreams?
- • The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- • We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), share options and socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- • Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.