Principal Environment Artist
Are you an experienced artist looking to build amazing new worlds? Our Art Director Glenn is searching for a talented Principal Environment Artist to become a pivotal part of our growing VR studio. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the team around you to ensure we’re delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Conceiving and visualising core concepts for remarkable in-game environments.
- • Collaborating closely with level designers to evangelise worlds that are built from the outset to fuse great creative and design, in order to deliver outstanding creative gameplay.
- • Masterfully compose lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more, to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player. Work closely with other disciplines (VFX, audio, character etc.) to bring these to life in a holistic way.
- • Mentoring through example – inspire both the environment team and members of the wider studio to see your vision, learn from it and drive the creative beyond what’s gone before.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • An environment artist adept in creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles and multiple shipped products. Highly experienced - 4 years + and/or a relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- • Someone who is self-driven and autonomous with the proven ability to interpret and translate art direction consistently, and with a strong sense of composition, lighting, form and colour.
- • An environmental art guru, with a prowess in the intricate use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.). Ability to utilise a wide array of techniques in varied ways for 3D asset creation.
- • An experienced team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality.
- • Strong illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus when integrated into the world building process.
Why Join nDreams?
- The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), childcare vouchers, share options and socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below. or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
apply download pdf job spec