Senior Environment Artist
Are you an experienced artist looking to build amazing new worlds? Our Art Director Glenn is searching for a talented Senior Environment Artist to become a key part of our growing VR studio. In this role you’ll be responsible for creating believable and coherent game worlds and inspiring the people around you to ensure we’re delivering incredible virtual reality games and experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Creating remarkable in-game environments. Interpreting the concept and style in innovative and creative ways and delivering these worlds in a quality final product.
- • Collaborating closely with level designers to evangelise worlds that are built from the outset to fuse great creative and design, in order to deliver outstanding creative gameplay.
- • Effectively compose lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more, to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player. Work closely with other disciplines (VFX, audio, character etc.) to bring these to life in a holistic way.
- • Through strong execution, demonstrate the potential for strong environment art, in order to inspire both the environment team and members of the wider studio.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A senior environment artist demonstrably experienced in creating cohesive and believable worlds across different styles and multiple shipped products. Highly experienced - 4 years + and/or a relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- • Someone who is self-driven and autonomous with the proven ability to interpret and translate art direction consistently, and with a strong sense of composition, lighting, form and colour.
- • Highly experienced environment artist, with creative whilst efficient knowledge in the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.). Ability to utilise a wide array of techniques in varied ways for 3D asset creation.
- • A team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality.
- • Strong illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus when integrated into the world building process. If not, experience working closely with in-house concept teams to evolve a coherent world.
Why Join nDreams?
- • The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- • We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), share options and socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- • Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below. or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.