Experienced in the dark arts of real-time VFX? Our Principal VFX Artist Aaron is on the search for a talented VFX Artist to join the VFX team and become an integral part of the creation of our upcoming VR titles. If you are as passionate about quality VFX, pushing creativity, and taking immersion to new levels in VR, then we’d love to hear from you.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Creating real-time VFX across a variety of styles, from character and weapon-based effects to environmental and destructive elements.
- • Concepting or visualising VFX when proving out new art styles and rendering executions, including playing a key role in the early development of entire product art styles.
- • Working closely with our Character and Animation team, and following direction from the Art Director, to assist and create various character-based VFX solutions or materials.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • For this role we’re open to either someone with lots of VFX experience or someone who is newer to the role. As a minimum we’d be looking for someone with a years’ experience or a relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- • A VFX Artist with a strong aptitude and knowledge base for appropriate software and real-time engine use such as UE4 and Unity. Show prowess and an intimate working knowledge of VFX development (particle systems, shaders etc.) within software and hardware constraints
- • Someone with a fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting with reference to animated VFX or pre-canned sequences.
- • An experienced team player with strong communication skills. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- • A keen aptitude towards software and Real-time VFX, plus excellent working knowledge of Maya and the Adobe Creative Suite tool set.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, in easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
apply download pdf job spec