3D Artist - Freelance
This is an amazing opportunity for a 3D artist of any level of experience to join us here at nDreams on a 2-month, in-house contract. You will help deliver incredible environment models and build awesome looking environments for an exciting new project in VR.
We are looking for someone with the ability to build fantastic environment assets to a high standard, within the constraints of the VR platform. You will also be required to construct scenes using those assets with a strong eye for composition and efficiency, whilst working within structural guidelines laid down by project requirements.
If you can absorb and act upon art direction, work quickly and show passion in creating quality 3D art then we’d love to hear from you.
THIS IS A 2 MONTH CONTRACT BASED IN-HOUSE AT OUR STUDIO IN FARNBOROUGH, HAMPSHIRE.
You will work alongside the existing environment art team so communication skills, both visual and verbal are key.
Direction will come from the studio Art Director and Principal Artist as your work must integrate seamlessly into the project. The ability to take and act upon direction, and an understanding of different art styles is therefore required.
- • A demonstrable understanding of the creation of 3D assets, from start to finish.
- • Strong communication and understanding skills, with the ability to work within an established team and receive constructive feedback on their own work.
- • A good understanding of Maya (modelling, UVing and texturing), ZBrush and Photoshop.
- • UE4 experience – from asset importing, material creation, LOD setup and scene building/ editing.
- • Experience with the optimisation of assets and scenes to create an as efficient as possible final product within the tight constraints of VR.
- • Good time management skills with the ability to work within time budgets.
- • A graduate with a Degree or equivalent qualification within the discipline of 3D art
- • An experienced user of Maya and UE4
- • Working within a team, taking direction, receiving and acting upon feedback
- • Experience with lighting and post processes would be a plus.
- • Previous work experience in the games or entertainment industry would be of value but is not required provided that the candidate can demonstrate a good understanding of the skills required.
- • Working to strict time and asset restriction budgets
- • Optimisation work (reducing polygons and materials, combining assets when necessary)
Salary & Contract
- • Freelance, fixed-term contract (2 months)
- • Rate, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.