Associate Community Manager
nDreams are the UK’s largest virtual reality developer and publisher. We’re looking to grow our publishing team to help ensure that our range of upcoming releases, including Bloody Zombies, are huge commercial successes.
We’re looking to hire an Associate Community Manager to support the publishing team with the execution of publicity campaigns across our PC, console and mobile VR titles.
Summary of the role
Working closely with the Communications Manager, supporting the publishing team and other key stakeholders, the nDreams associate community manager will drive the community/social strategy for nDreams’ brand and products.
The successful candidate will have an interest in gaming in all its forms and will be able to build a strong connection with the community, the role allows a degree of creative freedom to make that happen.
The role will be based at our Farnborough studio, just 30 minutes from London, and reports into the Communications Manager.
- • Take ownership for content updates to all aspects of nDreams’ social media channels. Ensure high quality engaging and emotive content is regularly delivered across all channels with a consistent style and tone.
- • Act as a point of communication within the community, a primary evangelist and as a voice of the nDreams community within the business.
- • Manage engagement on forums and social channels, responding in a timely fashion where appropriate.
- • Utilise nDreams/game’s brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across all community channels.
- • Proactively seek opportunities to grow and expand the reach of nDreams communities.
- • Work alongside the Communications Manager to devise and implement the community engagement strategy.
- • Devise initiatives for original content, to drive awareness and engagement on our social channels.
- • Create and maintain a content schedule to ensure our social media activity is coordinated and integrated with the publishing team’s strategic goals.
- • Build close relationships between nDreams and key influencers on Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, high value fans, while maintaining a positive community reputation.
- • Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in-game and out of game.
- • Advise on relevant best practice regarding marketing, PR and social communication, ensuring nDreams’ stay ahead of the game.
- • Deliver regular reports on engagement, performance and other key metrics.
- • Relay customer feedback, insights gained from online conversations within the community about our products to internal stakeholders.
- • Manage updates to the nDreams blog and the creation, distribution of regular community-facing newsletters.
- • Assist with event management, including attendance at relevant events.
- • Undertake ad-hoc projects and research requests as required in order to support the publishing team.
- • Experience within a related role in a videogame, digital or entertainment organisation required.
- • A relevant degree in either English, communications, marketing or related subjects.
- • Perfect command of grammar, write engaging, fun and punchy copy to tell emotive brand stories.
- • Knowledge of social media, platforms and emergent trends is essential.
- • Proficiency with office productivity software and online social media platforms.
- • Basic knowledge of HTML, CMS publishing tools, video and/or image editing would be a bonus.
- • Excellent research and organisation skills – demonstrated ability to successfully plan and execute projects.
- • Demonstrate an understanding of relevant analytics and insights.
- • Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
- • An outgoing personality, ability to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships with key partners and members of the public.
- • Ability to adapt and be effective in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
- • Self-motivated, driven to excel with a can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to work well within a team.
- • Eager to learn and a desire to continue to further develop your skills and knowledge as a communications/marketing professional.
- • In-depth knowledge of the games industry is desirable, but not necessary.
- • Willingness to travel when necessary to support events.
Salary & Contract
- • Full-time, permanent contract
- • Salary, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
- • Pension scheme
- • Share Option scheme
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 Days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 x duvet days & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.
- • Bacon Mondays, Beer Fridays, Free fresh fruit etc
apply download pdf job spec