Backend Server Engineer
nDreams are the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games & experiences. We’re looking to grow our Development team to develop leading VR titles that also embrace the community.
We’re looking to hire a Backend Server Engineer who has passion, honesty and the desire to achieve great things. The Backend Server Engineer will report to the Code Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Designing and plan back end features and operations for future titles
- • Collaborate with other departments to collaborate in solving development challenges
- • Assist in solving important live game service issues as they come up and develop in a way to maximize uptime
- • Champion backend services agenda and process with the rest of the team to ensure the game services are smartly scalable and maintainable well beyond initial development and release
- • Design database structures and endpoint APIs based on game requirements
- • Flexibility to work on other general areas of code due to demands of business
Key Skills & Experience
- • Experience in the design and implementation of various game server systems
- • Experience with distributed and scalable cloud based service systems, tools, and deployments with AWS/RightScale strong plus
- • Experience with performance tuning on a large scaled system
- • At least 3 years experience operating as a network engineer
- • An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements to develop software on them
Salary & Contract
- • Competitive, dependent on experience.
- • Full time
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Site visits to external developers.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Duvet Days
- • Regular staff outings and social events.