Business Development Director
We are nDreams, the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented Business Development Director to help drive the growth of the company.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for finding and negotiating new business and partnership deals to enable nDreams to expand rapidly. They will work closely with the CEO and VPs of Development and Publishing as part of the senior management team, to understand our skills then use their contacts and connections to find business opportunities in the following areas:
- VR first parties and co-publishing partners
- VR developers looking for a publisher
- Possible acquisition targets for the company
- Partnerships with other VR companies and technology players
- Partnerships with IP owners
- Big strategic work-for-hire opportunities
The successful applicant will be a superb networker, have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable travelling around the world to meet people at shows and events, and to visit potential partners.
The role will be based at our Farnborough studio at least two days per week, which is just 30 minutes from London. It will involve a significant amount of travel around the world, and will report to the CEO. The role has huge potential for growth for the right candidate, and would suit a talented, experienced and driven business development or commercial professional looking for an exciting new challenge.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Work closely with the CEO and Development and Publishing VPs to ensure that you understand the skills and capabilities of the team
- • Find and negotiate deals to help nDreams grow and expand
- • A willingness to speak and represent nDreams at externally-facing industry/trade-show events
- • Build relationships with talented up and coming VR developers
- • Build and manage relationships with all the major VR companies, OEM partners and Publishers
- • Identify and evaluate IPs to fit in with nDreams core development strategy.
- • Identify 1st party deals and opportunities, 3rd party studios and potential acquisitions
Key Skills and Experience
- • Experience within a related senior role in a videogame, digital or entertainment organisation required.
- • Proven ability to find and bring in business deals.
- • Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- • A strong understanding of the commercial side of video game development and publishing.
- • Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- • Creative and extremely enthusiastic.
- • Well-connected in the gaming or VR industries.
- • Existing high level contacts and experience in the US and/or China would be a bonus.
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare vouchers
- • Core hours
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 X duvet days & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.