Character Artist (Contractor)
This is an amazing opportunity to for an ambitious Character Artist to join the expanding team at nDreams developing extremely exciting, varied and creative VR experiences. At nDreams, you’ll help to develop and push the quality of our visual aspirations, narrative development and interactive experiences.
VR presents a whole new dynamic in the presentation of narrative and the characters that perform therein. As a solely VR focused studio we are all too aware of the new possibilities yet to be explored with gameplay and storytelling. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new challenges to any character artist, challenges beyond traditional developments. If you are as passionate about quality character design and its role in exceptional VR experiences as we are, then we’d love to hear from you.
- • Work closely with the Lead Character Artist and Art Director where the understanding of artistic vision will be demanded when assisting in the development of art styles or working to established art styles.
- • Work closely with the Animation team to deliver articulate and robust, rigged and skinned characters.
- • Work within a team-orientated environment to maintain high quality artwork whilst applying their practical knowledge to the development process.
- • Able to consistently translate 2D character designs into faithful, real-time 3D assets that perform well.
- • Demonstrate and communicate a strong understanding of core compositional and draftmanship skills utilising colour, form and lighting skills.
- • Demonstrate knowledge of or a desire to learn rigging solutions.
- • Evidence of character work that executes on a variety of styles, form and caricature.
- • Show the conception and development of various visual styles.
- • Show proficiency in high-end, real-time character development process.
- • Demonstrate a solid understand and execution of realistic surface property material’s and shaders.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own work, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Works well within a team-orientated environment to maintain high quality artwork whilst applying their practical knowledge to the development process.
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline, or 2 years experience in industry.
- • Demonstrable 3D skills showing a strong understanding of technical console limitations and capabilities.
- • Established skills in Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop.
- • Demonstrate a level of draftsmanship confidence and competency.
- • Real-time engine experience in both Unreal and Unity.
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies .
Salary & Contract
- • Freelance, full-time contract (3 months)
- • Rate, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.