Chief Operating Officer (COO)
nDreams is one of the leading VR developers and publishers in the world. We’re a VC funded company who pivoted to focus on virtual reality back in 2013. We have already launched six VR titles across both high-end and mobile VR, we’re seeing strong revenues and sales, and we’re growing rapidly. We now have a core team of 50 people at our HQ in Farnborough, and we’re also funding projects with external development studios. We have ambitious plans for the future, and are now looking for a COO to play a key role in making them happen.
The Board is seeking an exceptional leader with high levels of business, strategic and operational skills and experience, who can help drive the organisation as it scales and moves into the next phase of sustainable, long-term growth. We are looking for the right person to oversee the Company P&L, Greenlight process, and ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the overall operational efficiency of the business.
As a Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will work directly with the CEO to assist in delivering a 5-year growth plan for the business. You will plan, direct, and oversee nDreams’ operational policies, initiatives and goals, and you will act as a key member of the executive team within the business – developing and mentoring those around you.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The key objectives for the role within nDreams are to:
- • Oversee the Company P&L, and help the organisation execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
- • Work in partnership with the management team to structure and constantly refine strategy and operational priorities
- • Set KPIs and revenue targets and track against them
- • Identify key areas of business development and commercial opportunities, and work with the CEO to perform due-diligence and agree and negotiate terms on commercial deals.
- • Improve business information regarding customers and sales – using this information to drive sales.
- • Implement rigorous sales planning and monitoring and oversee all sales campaigns and product releases.
- • Look at cost reduction across the business.
- • Define, implement and measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally.
- • Provide the CEO with data and information to help raise capital and build strategic partnerships to assist the company with its ambitious growth plans.
- • Coordinate with Talent director and HR to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees.
- • Create a world class system of information for management, staff and shareholders.
- • Oversee the design and implementation of robust business processes for all back-office functions in ways that support the company as it scales.
- • Manage all finance, legal, and contract negotiations (client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, etc.)
- • Ensure that the company can deliver quality products, scale and improve efficiency, whilst retaining its ability to build on its core team of talented staff and the exceptional culture which it is very proud to have developed.
- • We are looking for an exceptional leader with a strong track record in an operational role with demonstrable experience in a growing business.
- • Proven experience in a similar role (5 years+), with strong finance experience, including fundraising, investor relations, management accounts and forecasting.
- • Experience within a digital (Games, Fintech, banking, E-commerce) business.
- • An innovative and imaginative style to drive strategic direction.
- • Experience building and managing high performing teams.
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Effective team player
- • Highly motivated and positive attitude.
Salary & Contract
- • Competitive compensation package
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.