We are nDreams, the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented Communications Manager to support our upcoming console, PC and mobile VR releases, to help ensure they are the successes they can be.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for growing nDreams’ global community through appropriate channels and events. They will also work closely with PR agencies and the Marketing Manager to define and execute global PR strategy, all with an aim to maintain and develop a positive image of nDreams and its titles.
The successful applicant will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to drive nDreams’ internal and external messaging through the creation of written assets, presentations and communicating with stakeholders.
The role will be based at our Farnborough studio, just 30 minutes from London, and reports into the Marketing Manager, who in turn reports into the VP of Publishing. The role has huge potential for growth for the right candidate, and may suit a talented, experienced and driven communications professional looking to expand their remit and grow in responsibility.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Devise and execute community strategy for all products, including objectives, strategy, tactics, and timelines, across all owned channels (social media, blog, etc.), non-owned channels (forums, VR communities, etc.) and events
- • Work closely with PR agencies and the Marketing Manager to develop and execute PR strategy and plans
- • Work closely with the Marketing Manager and the publishing team to ensure all plans compliment the overall marketing strategy
- • Alongside the Marketing Manager, oversee nDreams’ external PR agencies to ensure fulfillment of campaign objectives and tactics
- • Serve as nDreams’ primary spokesperson for all externally-facing engagements, including interviews (written, phone, in person etc.), press events, and industry/trade-show events
- • Develop relationships with key press/media (specialist, tech, national, etc.) to secure and grow media coverage
- • Regular reporting of communications highlights and performance to key stakeholders. Informal reporting of communications highlights and performance to publishing team more regularly as required
- • Continuously develop and leverage 'expert' in-depth knowledge of all nDreams products, social media platforms, industry trends, competitors and audiences.
- • Alongside the VP of Publishing and the Marketing Manager, ensure accurate administration and control of PR and community budgets
- • Manage nDreams’ Associate Community Manager and ensure delivery of their responsibilities, including conducting weekly, monthly and annual reviews
Key Skills & Experience
- • Experience within a related role in a videogame, digital or entertainment organisation required.
- • Proven ability to lead communication strategies in other organisations would be a strong advantage.
- • Experience working on PC games and/or games-as-a-service titles would be beneficial.
- • Demonstrable passion for both videogames and virtual reality is essential.
- • Must be a confident communicator and presenter, with strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- • Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- • Must possess excellent organisational, project management and time management skills
- • Excellent knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- • Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience using website CMS (e.g. Wordpress, Silverstripe), and Adobe Photoshop is a bonus.
Salary & Contract
- • Dependant on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare Vouchers.
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 x duvet days & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.