nDreams are the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games & experiences. We’re looking to grow our Development team to help ensure that our range of upcoming releases are huge commercial successes, as we head towards the launch of the major VR headsets this year. This includes The Assembly – our first-person interactive story in VR - which will be released on Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR and HTC Vive.
We’re looking to hire an Engine Programmer who has passion, honesty and the desire to achieve great things. The Engine Programmer will report to the Code Manager.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Development and addition of engine features within existing engines.
- • Development of internal project specific engines.
- • Add platform support to existing engines (both internal and third party)
- • Add peripheral support to existing engines (both internal and third party)
- • Optimise engines and maintain performance related best practice for content creators.
- • Work with the build engineer to create performance test suites and engine unit testing suites for both software tools and hardware connectivity.
- • Flexibility to work on other general areas of code due to demands of business.
Key Skills & Experience
- • Work well as part of a team, good communication and people skills are essential.
- • Confident developing new hardware related features.
- • Good working skills with C++ and C#.
- • Familiarity with engine development in general.
- • Ability to use source control and work with others on different platforms.
- • Unreal Engine 4, Unity3D, experience.
- • Enthusiasm for VR.
- • Game development experience.
- • Shipped games.
Salary & Contract
- • Dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.