nDreams is an exciting and innovative fast-growing business based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The Finance Analyst role offers the opportunity for exposure to all of the company’s key finance processes and the senior management team. You’ll be expected to have a progressive mind-set and get involved in the spirit of continuous improvement that is embedded in the Finance team. The role reports into the Financial Controller.
- • Support the Financial Controller in running the monthly rolling reforecast process to ensure that the Management Team has transparency over the forecasted results and cash runway
- • Co-ordinate the annual budget process, with the Financial Controller, to provide the business with targets for the following financial year
- • Assist the Financial Controller to create, maintain and improve a suite of financial reports to provide the business with timely, useful and reliable financial information
- • Work with the Digitial Distribution Manager to ensure revenue/sales data is aligned between the Finance and Sales teams
- • Take day-to-day responsibility for the Video Games Tax Relief submission process and liaise with contacts at the British Film Institute (BFI) to ensure our games pass the certification process
- • Work with the other Finance team members to report the monthly actual results to the business
- • Support the Financial Controller with preparing the year-end results, statutory accounts and other regular compliance tasks on time
- • Assist with processing purchase invoices, staff expenses, credit cards, reconciling the bank and petty cash, as needed
- • Assist with processing purchase orders and reconciling revenue receipts between the online stores, the bank account and the accounting package, as required
- • Monitor and report any risks or weaknesses identified in the accounting system to the Financial Controller and suggest improvements to process
- • Get involved in value-additive business projects around your core responsibilities
- • Other ad hoc duties for the Financial Controller, Operations Team and Management Team, as needed
- • Provide ad hoc cover for the wider Finance team
Key Skills & Experience
- • 2 years minimum experience of working in a Finance team. Forecasting and business partnering experience preferred
- • Strong understanding of accounting concepts supported by evidence of exam passes and/or from relevant and demonstrable work experience. Advanced Excel skills are a requirement
- • Previous experience of SME accounting packages, for example:
- o Xero
- o Sage
- o Quickbooks
- • A proactive, motivated, enthusiastic and outgoing individual who wants to grow and learn
- • A willingness to embrace change and ability to multi-task
- • The ability to work confidently and efficiently around colleagues, suppliers and customers
- • Ability to work independently and in a team
- • Ability to adapt and be effective in an ever-changing dynamic environment.
- • Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Good working knowledge of MS Word, Powerpoint
Salary & Contract
- • Full-time, permanent contract
- • Salary, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
- • Pension scheme
- • Share Option scheme
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 Days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 x duvet days & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.
- • Bacon Mondays, Beer Fridays, Free fresh fruit etc
apply download pdf job spec