Graphical / UI Artist
This is an amazing opportunity to for a strong graphics focused individual to join the expanding team at nDreams in the extremely exciting, varied and specialised role of Graphics / UI artist.
The Artist is responsible for designing and creating high quality artwork with a strong focus on graphical layout, typography, and colour to achieve compositional excellence in both 2D and real-time works. This opportunity affords a large amount of autonomy and as such requires a self driven motivational quality. Working alongside development teams, publishing partners and studio Directors, the role will demand strong communicative skills, both visually and verbally.
The Graphics UI artist will be heavily involved in several areas:
- • Visualising new concepts and associated pitching materials
- • The design and production of real-time VR flows and experiences
- • Brand continuity and identity through the visual communication on a variety of products
Works closely with the Art Director in the conception and creation of new concepts, brands and the effective application of strong graphics in VR. Working together, you’ll help to develop and present concepts both internally and externally whilst pushing the quality of nDreams’ visual aspirations and interactive experiences forward.
Works with and reports to the Game Director in all matters concerning the UI, UX, Front end, and general graphical presentation of information and layout of any specific project.
Works within a team-orientated environment to maintain high quality artwork whilst applying their practical knowledge to the development process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Able to consistently produce well laid out presentation graphics, employing typography and colour compositions with exceptional quality and legibility.
- • Create concepts and layouts in a timely manner displaying an “attention to detail” that illustrates the potential for excellence.
- • Demonstrates the ability to conceive and portray a variety of styles and possible user flows.
- • Show the conception and development of a visual style, brand or experience.
- • Show a strong working knowledge of 2D layout and graphics within a real-time game / UI scenario.
- • Possess the ability to quickly mock up and block out visual concepts and layouts for pre-visualisation purposes.
- • Pre-visualise benchmark graphics / assets in full motion
- • Ability to work as part of a larger team, working with members of the design and code teams, actively contributing to the development process.
- • Display a strong interest in all aspects of the Entertainment Software industry, especially as it relates to the world of art.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
Key Skills & Experience
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline. Or at least 4 years’ experience in industry.
- • Excellent working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite
- • Demonstrable 2D graphical skills showing a strong foundation in art, layout and colour composition.
- • Established skills in Photoshop, In-design and Illustrator are essential
- • Demonstrate a level of draftsmanship confidence and competency.
- • Real-time UI implementation experience, with either Scaleform, Flash, UMG, Unity or Other.
- • Experience in Motion graphics, AV editing or post production effects within AE
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies
- • Minimum of one published product within the Console, PC or Mobile space
- • Experience in working within a team environment – essential
- • 3D modelling skills within Maya or 3DSMax - desirable
- • Experience in Motion graphics, AV editing or post production effects within AE – desirable
- • An aptitude for scripting is desirable, but not essential
VR presents a whole new dynamic in the presentation of graphics and how we perceive them. As a solely VR focused studio we are all too aware of the new possibilities yet to be explored in the application of Graphics in VR. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new challenges to any graphics artist, challenges beyond traditional developments. If you are as passionate about quality graphics and their role in exceptional VR experiences as we are, then we’d love to hear from you.
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Duvet Days
- • Regular staff outings and social events.