Lead VFX Artist
Are you an experienced developer looking to break in to or further your career in VR? Then you might be the candidate we’re looking for.
We are nDreams, the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games and experiences. We’re currently looking to expand our Development team; we want to ensure that our range of upcoming releases are the huge commercial successes we know they can be. This is your opportunity to join our friendly and talented team, working on high-end (Vive, Oculus, PS VR) and mobile (Gear VR, Daydream) VR projects.
Right now, our Art Manager is looking for a Lead VFX Artist who is versatile, resourceful and eager to achieve great things. The Lead VFX Artist will help us to solidify the specialty within our Art department. The Lead VFX Artist at nDreams will be responsible for making sure all visiual effects requirements of the studio are met as well as working with the Art Manager to establish workflow pipelines.
The Lead VFX Artist will report to the Art Manager, but is expected to work with the Game Directors, members of the Code team and other Artists to establish requirements, implementation and aesthetics of the VFX. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in pushing the boundaries of VFX in the world of VR.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Create a wide range of high quality particle effects using proprietary particle tools and various 3rd party software.
- • Collaborate effectively with other teams (code, design, art, production).
- • Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of VR development.
- • Develop assets optimized for current and next-generation systems.
- • Identify and resolve visual effects related issues.
Key Skills & Experience
- • Work well as part of a team, good communication and people skills are essential.
- • Industry experience, with a shipped title demonstrating visual effects.
- • Experience on multiple platforms – desktop and mobile.
- • Exceptional understanding of Photoshop and/or After Effects for creating textures and effects sequences.
- • Experience with Autodesk Maya modeling and UV mapping.
- • Comfortable editing large data files in xml.
- • Self-motivated, with a strong organisational skills.
- • Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- • Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unity 3D
- • Experience with FumeFX, RealFlow, Houdini etc. are a plus.
- • Experience with physics based destruction simulation packages.
- • Multiple shipped titles
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.