Office Manager (Maternity Cover)
Summary of the role
nDreams is one of the leading VR developers and publishers in the world. We now have a core team of 50 people at our HQ in Farnborough and we are looking for an Office Manager (maternity cover) to fulfil this key role in Facilities Management and Office administration. You will be a highly-organised, self-starter with superb administration skills, and the ability to resolve issues independently.
General day to day duties:
- • Managing clients in the office ensuring that all visitors receive a high level of care.
- • Assisting in event organisation of office parties and internal events.
- • Answering the telephone and responding to ad-hoc queries.
- • Ensuring that all employees and contractors are aware of company policies relating to;
- o ID badges, Car parking, Out of hours security etc
- • Keeping the main office tidy and free of trip hazards and rubbish.
- • Organise ID badges for new starters.
- • Managing printers, ensuring they kept stocked with the correct paper and printing supplies. This includes working with the maintenance company to resolve any issues.
- • Ensuring that other equipment such as laminators and guillotines are kept in good working order and with suitable stocks of consumables.
- • Managing the car park spaces by liaising with building security and issuing car passes.
- • Manage the activities of contractors on site to ensure that all jobs are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- • Act as a point of contact in the event of an emergency situation in order to ensure safety of staff and members and / or mitigate potential damage to premises.
- • Managing the assignment of door fobs and office keys in line with the Company’s security protocol.
- • Managing all security systems, keeping alarm data up to date and organising the maintenance of intruder alarms and reporting of faults.
- • Liaising with approved suppliers and landlord to ensure requirements are met and delivered on time, including maintenance on all systems.
- • Attending regular operations meetings, providing necessary reports, to ensure all issues are dealt with in accordance with Company policies and protocol.
Manage day to day Health & Safety, to include:
- • Keeping all employees and contractors up to date with any H&S changes.
- • Conduct H&S Inductions for all new employees and contractors coming into the business.
- • Managing first aiders and their qualifications.
- • Managing fire marshals and the online test.
- • Scheduling and chairing regular H&S and First Aid meetings.
- • Arranging compliance processes such as PAT testing, DSE survey and emergency lighting tests at required intervals.
- • Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- • Carrying out regular risk assessments and report findings to Company Secretary.
- • Carry out regular building checks to ensure compliance.
Stationery, Kitchen, Furniture & Supplies:
- • Being responsible for supplier relationships, liaising to get the best price and service in the following areas;
- o Stationery, Cleaning, Recycling, Sanitary disposal, Security, Fire safety, Landlord, Furniture, Subsistence etc
- • Ordering and maintaining stationery stocks.
- • Ordering and maintain kitchen supplies and tuck shop supplies.
- • Organising, measuring up and ordering new furniture for the office when requested.
- • Managing milk supplies, correcting volumes when required.
- • Loading the dishwasher at the end of each day.
- • Managing weekly fruit order and organise in the kitchen.
- • 2 years facilities management experience
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- • Exceptional organisational skills
- • Ability to perform under pressure
- • Ability to main strict confidentiality
- • Ability to prioritise workload effectively and independently
- • Excellent time management skills
- • Positive attitude, reliable and dependable
- • An understanding of / experience of technical areas of premises management, e.g. lighting, AC, security systems.
- • Contract Negotiations
- • Small works project management & negotiation skills.
Salary & Contract
- • Part time – 30 hours per week across 5 days, hours negotiable.
- • Competitive compensation package
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK
- • Pension scheme
- • Childcare Vouchers
- • Regular staff outings and social events.
- • Bacon Mondays, Beer Fridays, Free fresh fruit etc
apply download pdf job spec