Senior Technical Artist
Are you an experienced developer looking to break in to or further your career in VR? Then you might be the candidate we’re looking for.
We are nDreams, the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games and experiences. We’re currently looking to expand our Development team; we want to ensure that our range of upcoming releases are the huge commercial successes we know they can be. This is your opportunity to join our friendly and talented team, working on high-end (Vive, Oculus, PS VR) and mobile (Gear VR, Daydream) VR projects.
Right now, our Art Manager is looking for a Senior Technical Artist who is versatile, resourceful and eager to achieve great things. If you think you fit the bill, please get in touch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Will be responsible for developing the Technical Art wing of the studio.
- • Making sure all technical art requirements of the studio are met as well as working with the Art Manager to establish workflow pipelines for said work.
- • Helping the Art Manager identify the needs that will enable the successful execution of technical art goals across all projects such as software and staffing requirements.
- • Reporting to the Art Manager but will be expected to work closely with Game Directors, members of the Code team and the rest of the Art team to establish project requirements, implementation and aesthetics. Good people skills are a must.
- • Ensuring artistic vision can be maintained through asset creation that does not exceed technical limits.
- • Specific subjects of focus include but are not limited to the following:
- o Establish technical limitations
- o Tool building
- o Workflow optimisation
- o Asset optimisation
- o Engine support
- o Lighting solutions
- o Shaders and materials
- o Visual effects (VFX)
- o Post process or screen space effects
Key Skills & Experience
The candidate must be able to:
- • Work well as part of a team, good communication and people skills are essential.
- • And have experience in:
- o Animation support such as rigging and skinning
- o Maya
- o Photoshop
- o Unreal Engine 4
- o Unity 3D
- o Mobile, Desktop and Console development
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare Vouchers.
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Duvet Days
- • Regular staff outings and social events.
apply download pdf job spec