UI Artist (In-House)
This is an amazing opportunity for a strong Graphic Design focused individual to join the expanding team at nDreams in the extremely exciting, varied and specialised role of UI artist on a 3 month contract.
The Artist is responsible for designing and creating high quality artwork with a strong focus on layout, typography, and colour to achieve compositional excellence in both 2D and real-time works. Working alongside the Art Director and Dev teams, the role will demand strong communicative skills, both visually and verbally.
The Graphics UI artist will be heavily involved in several areas: -
- • The design and production of innovative real-time user-centric VR flows and experiences
- • Conceptualization, prototyping and execution of asset production for in-game UI across several VR platforms
- • Successful integration of brand styling and design requirements.
- • Able to consistently produce well laid out presentation graphics, employing typography and colour compositions with exceptional quality and legibility.
- • Create concepts and mockups, iterating quickly and methodically to communicate ideas.
- • Demonstrate the ability to conceive and portray a variety of styles and possible user flows.
- • Strong working knowledge of 2D layout and graphics within a real-time game / UI scenario.
- • Pre-visualise benchmark graphics / assets in full motion.
- • Ability to work as part of a larger team, working with members of the design and code teams, actively contributing to the development process.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline, or at least 2 years’ experience in industry.
- • Demonstrable 2D graphical skills showing a solid foundation in graphic design.
- • Established skills in Photoshop and Illustrator are essential.
- • Demonstrate a level of draftsmanship confidence and competency.
- • Real-time UI implementation experience, with either Scaleform, Flash, UMG, Unity or Other.
- • Experience in Motion graphics, AV editing or post production effects within After Effects.
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to modern technologies and working in a team environment are essential.
- • Minimum of one published product within the Console, PC or Mobile space.
- • 3D modelling skills within Maya or 3DSMax - desirable.
- • Experience in Motion graphics, AV editing or post production effects within AE – desirable.
- • An aptitude for scripting is desirable, but not essential.
VR presents a whole new dynamic in the presentation of graphics and how we perceive them. As a solely VR focused studio we are all too aware of the new possibilities yet to be explored in the application of Graphics in VR. With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new challenges to any artist, beyond traditional developments. If you are as passionate about quality graphics and their role in exceptional VR experiences as we are, then we’d love to hear from you.
Salary & Contract
- • Freelance, full-time contract (3 months)
- • Rate, dependent on experience
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.