Unity Gameplay Programmer (contract)
nDreams are the UK’s largest developer and publisher solely focused on creating virtual reality (VR) games & experiences. We are currently looking for Unity Gameplay programmers. A great opportunity to work in our expanding team – working on GearVR, Daydream, HTC Vive, and Oculus Rift projects. The Gameplay Programmer will report to the Code Manager.
The contract will be 1-3 months in duration.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Take responsibility for the development of multiple gameplay features on multiple projects.
- • Work closely with designers in the development of gameplay features across multiple iterations.
- • Work with engine and graphics programmers to ensure gameplay features meet their technical budget.
Key Skills & Experience
- • Strong Unity 5 skills, with track record of working to spec and being productive member of the shipping team.
- • Experience working with Design to implement gameplay features and interaction.
- • Experience working with Art to achieve workflow that enables representative final quality visuals.
- • Experience working cross-team to implement behaviour and animation of characters.
- • Experience improving the performance of games through optimisation.
- • Work well as part of a team, good cross discipline communication and people skills are essential.
- • Understand many gameplay technologies such as Navigation, AI, Input, Physics systems, Scripting layers, UI, etc.
- • Self-critical, and able to work through a design issue without direction if necessary.
- • Experience of game development.
- • Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unity 3D
- • Experience with FumeFX, RealFlow, Houdini etc. are a plus.
- • Experience with physics based destruction simulation packages.
- • Multiple shipped titles
Salary & Contract
- • Day rate dependent on experience
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.