This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced VFX Artist to join us here at nDreams to help evolve the perception and execution of VFX as a discipline. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation. VFX now have an all-encompassing sense of space and a whole new sensory perception of depth, all open to creative interpretation and exploitation.
We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studios goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
With the variety of projects and VR platforms currently being developed here at nDreams this role is guaranteed to offer new and exciting challenges to any VFX artist, challenges beyond what traditional developments can offer.
As a VFX Artist you’ll be responsible for both the artistry of your VFX as much their perception in an all-encompassing VR space. We value the artistic interpretive nature of VFX as much as the technical prowess required to deliver them in real-time, as such the VFX artist will be challenged to push their visual repertoire, explore new executions, craft and deliver VFX that follow demanding and interpretive art styles.
If you are as passionate about quality VFX pushing creativity and immersion to new levels in VR, then we’d love to hear from you.
- • To create a variety of styles of real-time VFX throughout multiple aspects of game development, Including characters or weapon-based effects to environmental or destructive elements.
- • Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base for appropriate software and real-time engine use, UE4 / Unity for example.
- • A basic to strong understanding of rigging and skinning solutions and potential for physics driven or simulated appendages.
- • Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting with reference to animated VFX or pre-canned sequences.
- • Show the conception and development process of various visual styles and methods of VFX execution.
- • Show prowess and an intimate working knowledge of shader development within VFX and their real-time application on a variety of platforms.
- • Be capable of and show an understanding of accurate development time estimations of key feature assets.
- • Ability to compose, light and execute on well rendered scenes to produce key art renders.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
- • A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline. Or at least 1 years’ experience in industry.
- • Real-time engine experience, ideally in both Unreal and or Unity.
- • Excellent working knowledge of Maya and the Adobe Creative Suite tool set
- • Demonstrable 3D skills showing a strong understanding of technical console limitations and capabilities.
- • An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies
- • Minimum of one published product within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space
- • Experience in working within a team environment – essential
- • Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
Salary & Contract
- • £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare vouchers
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.