nDreams are the UK’s largest virtual reality developer and publisher. We’re looking for a Video Editor to join our growing marketing team and support the ongoing release of our yet-to-be-announced virtual reality titles.
The Video Editor will be responsible for the creation of all internally developed marketing videos, from in-game trailers and filmed making of videos, to innovative 360° and mixed reality content. The ideal candidate should be highly creative, commercially-focused and with proven experience developing outstanding consumer-facing video content.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • The creation and project management of high quality, engaging marketing trailers and videos for all titles, working from a defined brief.
- •Collaborate closely with brand team to develop creative and commercial concepts for briefed video assets.
- • Direction and capture of in-game video, working closely with brand and development teams.
- • Collaborate with development and brand teams to develop competencies for the creation of 360 and mixed reality videos, and define in game capture tools as required by title.
- • Filming of developer interviews, ‘making of’ videos and industry events as required.
- • Support communications team in the production of livestreams and other community-facing activities.
- • Work closely with brand team to ensure assets align closely with game brand.
- • Working closely with the Marketing Manager to manage internal video workflow (including freelance/contract video editors) as required, providing regular status updates to the publishing team.
- • Versioning and localisation of video assets required for different marketing channels and purposes.
- • Collaborate closely with publishing team to identify new, innovative ways to use video to engage consumers with our games.
Key Skills and Experience
- • 3+ years professional experience as a video editor, within the video game industry is highly desirable.
- • Expert knowledge of video editing software, namely Final Cut, Premiere and After Effects.
- • Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign are advantageous.
- • Outstanding portfolio, with demonstrated experience developing creative, commercially effective video assets for entertainment brands.
- • Demonstrated ability of taking briefs and effectively delivering quality video assets to a deadline.
- • Experience capturing and directing footage from in-game, and using Matinee in Unreal Engine or similar, are both highly desirable.
- • Excellent communication and teamwork skills, able to work collaboratively with others and take on constructive feedback.
- • Knowledge and passion for videogames is desirable.
Salary & Contract
- • Dependent on experience.
- • Full time, permanent contract
- • Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- • Pension scheme.
- • Share Option scheme.
- • Childcare vouchers
- • Core hours
- • 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, 2 X duvet days & your birthday).
- • Regular staff outings and social events.