Perfect – Patch Released Today
Since launching Perfect on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR in December 2016, we’ve been closely monitoring the community’s feedback and working hard to improve the overall quality of the experience. Today we’ve released a patch that will enhance Perfect through optimisation and performance improvements, as well as upgrading several of its features.
Our community’s feedback has been invaluable by providing detailed suggestions on how we can improve Perfect, so we’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to leave feedback!
One of the most requested features from the community was to implement free movement across the locations, as currently you can only experience each environment from three set viewing points. Unfortunately this isn’t something we will be able to achieve in any future updates to Perfect as the title hasn’t been built for free movement. However, it is something we will be considering for future titles, so please keep your suggestions coming!
This patch has been released across all platforms, so the update should be applied automatically by default.
- You can now skip or skim pebbles and stones across the water.
- Objects thrown into the water will now decelerate as they sink.
- Additionally, fish will now scatter when you throw an object into the water next to them.
- If you now throw an object at a sting ray in the water, it will collide with the animal rather than passing through it. (That being said – be kind to the sting rays! They’re very nice.)
- Naturally-occurring events will now happen sooner and more frequently.
- We’ve made some general optimisation and small performance improvements.
In addition to the above list, players on PS VR will also see the following updates:
- Loading screens will no longer stutter.
- Some incorrect terminology has been changed.
- We have reduced the amount of jittering in controllers due to low tracking performance.
- The experience now has improved throwing power, so you can throw objects further and at a higher speed.
You can relax, unwind and escape in Perfect’s three idyllic locations while listening to Spotify, and we’ve now curated our own playlists for you to enjoy.
We’re here for you, virtually
If you have any questions about Perfect, feel free to tweet us via @nDreamsVR with the hashtag #PerfectVR. You can also get involved in discussions on Perfect’s Steam forum. You can find nDreams on Facebook, reach us via our dedicated subreddit, find our videos on YouTube and check out our boards on Pinterest for more screenshots.
Please contact email@example.com to report any issues.
Sign up for latest news
nDreams Ltd. will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us:
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.