As our expanding AAA development teams grows, so does the need for our support structure that enables it. The people in our studio represent our most precious resource, and as such they need the dedication they deserve. It’s the role of the Art Manager to dedicate their time to the nurturing, development, planning and career progression of all artists across multiple projects.
Are you experienced and organised enough to gauge people’s ability for specific tasks, have the aptitude and foresight to effectively critique induvials ability within their role? If so then you are likely to be the back bone of a growing Art Department. Acting as the bridge between creativity and the practicalities of development, alongside Producers and Art Directors, you will be responsible for growing the department, whilst maintaining a balanced and flexible skillset.
If you enjoy disseminating your experience to others, enabling others to grow, or even surpass your own ability, then this role marries personal reward with intrinsic input into the delivery of our studio’s future AAA games.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Working alongside Producers to ensure Art resourcing is appropriate and planned for.
- • Growing and developing the Environment Team specifically in terms of personal review, career progression, skill balance and recruitment.
- • Galvanising the art team towards the execution of a cohesive vision and specific goals and deadlines.
- • Liaising with the Art Director(s) with reference to the execution of any given art style or vision.
- • Working with Principal Artists in Identifying areas or individuals in need of mentoring, support or further development.
- • Ensuring solid working practices are agreed upon and are in place to enable the universal creation of quality across the studio.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A seasoned artist with proven experience in organising and delivering AAA game developments
- • Demonstrably experienced in executing cohesive aesthetics across multiple styles, genres and platforms.
- • Someone who is self-driven and autonomous with a natural flare for the Production side of creating art content as much as the creative.
- • Strong verbal and written skills to enable clear and concise articulation of individual feedback and reviews as much as content critiquing.
- • Can demonstrate a solid working knowledge of contemporary pipeline software and working practices
- • A seasoned developer who has the foresight and confidence of development experience to decide appropriate methods of execution when it comes to delivering a given vision.
- • Someone with a pro-active and nurturing mentality, conducive to the mentoring and objective critiquing of a growing Art Department.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below. You can also download the full job spec below.