Can you use light, colour and form to guide players through beautiful game environments? We are searching for a talented Environment Artist to construct amazing levels for our upcoming VR titles. Come join us and help create immersive and incredible worlds in virtual reality!
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Using lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote the player. Being responsible for entire levels or sections of play.
- • Collaborating closely with level designers and other parts of team to ensure the final levels are strong across all aspects, being involved from grey box to full prop placement and dressing.
- • Staging and implementing lighting and atmosphere for levels to deliver mood, tone and draw the player through the 3D space.
- • Getting involved with conceiving and visualising the core concepts for in-game environments.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • An Environment Artist with at least 1+ years’ experience or a relevant degree/equivalent qualification.
- • Someone with a strong working knowledge of 3D asset development: form, sculpting, surface detail, material creation, LODs, foliage design and implementation etc. A good sense of composition to use those assets in fully realised game levels.
- • Lighting experience to light levels, creating the right atmosphere, emotions, and to draw the player into the full gameplay experience.
- • An artist experienced with the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.). Illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus
- • A true team player, able to work collaboratively as a part of a multidiscipline team plus the initiative, personal drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contracts, remote working for an initial period then transitioning onsite to our modern studio based in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or via firstname.lastname@example.org.