Environment Artist Contractor – Onsite
Can you use light, colour and form to bamboozle players into doing what you want? Glenn, our Art Director is searching for a talented Environment Artist to be an integral part in creating amazing worlds for our upcoming VR titles. Come join us and wield the arts to do our bidding!
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Using core modelling skills, lighting, set dressing, atmosphere and more to craft coherent and believable worlds that excite and emote players. Be responsible for entire levels or sections of play.
- • Collaborate closely with level designers and other parts of team to ensure the final levels are strong across all aspects, being involved from grey box to full prop placement and dressing.
- • Creating interesting and performant assets to help compose light and deliver atmospheric mood and tone. Craft assets that creatively draw the player through the 3D space.
- • Getting involved with the conceiving and visualising of core concepts for in-game environments, as well as authentically re-creating them in real-time.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • An environment artist with at least 1+ years’ experience or a relevant degree/equivalent qualification.
- • Someone with a strong working knowledge of 3D asset development: form, sculpting, surface detail, material creation, LODs, foliage design and implementation etc. A good sense of composition, lighting, form and colour is essential too.
- • An artist experienced with the use of real-time engines (e.g. UE4) and relevant tools (Maya, Z-Brush etc.). Illustrative and storyboarding skills are not essential but are a bonus
- • A true team player, able to work collaboratively as a part of a multidiscipline team plus the initiative, personal drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our established, but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a contract position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV to email@example.com.