Our Game Directors are key to creating the future of VR gaming at nDreams… and we’re looking for our next product visionary! Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, the Game Director will lead, communicate and co-ordinate on the development of world class virtual reality games. You will be the go-to person for every aspect of the product’s development and embody our inspiring, exciting and motivational team culture to ensure maximum benefit to our game’s players. If you are a seasoned Game Director looking for your next opportunity we want to hear from you!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- • Translating and maintaining a cohesive and unified product vision and alignment across all interested parties (internally and externally)
- • Working with the Heads of Department to agree specific product KPIs for the game and working to ensure that those KPIs are communicated effectively throughout the team – these will include both qualitative and quantitative values
- • Leading, coordinating and communicating the development of appropriate game direction materials and documentation, included but not limited to, product vision documents and key messaging, feature breakdowns, product razor, product pillars, and any other supporting materials that you deem appropriate to articulate and illustrate the vision for the game
- • Collaborating closely with your game’s leadership counterparts (Production, Design, Art, Code, Audio, QA) to break down the game’s vision into tangible features for development and ensuring the correct prioritisation of feature development to deliver the highest quality and maximum value and efficiency as the title progresses through development
- • In line with nDreams agile methodology, you will review in software the development of features, providing clear, prioritised feedback and steering as features are they are developed and iterated
- • You will be the product champion and the go-to person for information, demonstration and direction of every aspect of the product’s development. You will regularly communicate and champion the game’s vision to the team and all appropriate stakeholders as the game evolves and takes shape.
- • You will be the primary spokesperson for the game speaking to media and representing nDreams at industry shows and events
- • As the game develops, you will be responsible for identifying and communicating feature risks and crucially, any scope / cost / quality conflicts that may arise. Furthermore, working with your peers and the Heads of Department you will actively seek resolutions to arising risks and conflicts to keep the product vision intact and viable – communicating these resolutions to all relevant stakeholders within appropriate time-scales for ratification
- • Working with the Executive Team, the Heads of Department and your peers, you will embrace nDreams cultural values of Empowerment, Balance and Collaboration to foster an inspiring, exciting and motivational team culture within which to work
Key Skills & Experience
- • Experience of VR game development
- • Media trained
- • Previous experience as a Product Owner, Game Director or Discipline Lead
- • Agile / SCRUM certified
- • Pragmatic, with a down-to-earth communication style
- • Confident public speaker
- • Strong competitor analysis – the ability to critique and deconstruct competitor video games
- • A willingness to ‘muck in’ at any operational level to get the job done
- • Approachable and light-hearted with a good sense of fun and a positive mental attitude
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio, you will be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and Fixed Term Contracts, remote working for an initial period. We are currently refurbishing our studio in Farnborough, UK (within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford) and plan to be a fully hybrid working office from April. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or to firstname.lastname@example.org.