We’re looking for someone who loves playing games and mid-flow switches to their matrix vision. A designer who sees the systems and mechanics behind the illusion and who can combine mechanics within a multidisciplinary team to provoke targeted player behaviours and emotions. In this exciting and critical role, you will work both hands on and off in a collaborative environment to design, develop and balance world class VR game features which are in line with the Game Director’s vision.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Working with the Lead Designer to establish designs for core features of the project
- • Driving the development of features through inspirational and collaborative design with a multidisciplinary team
- • Frequently liaising with the Lead designer and the Art & Code departments to make sure that features meet the creative and technical needs of the project
- • Balancing, tinkering and playtesting to optimise experiences
- • Creating briefs and comprehensive documents for your features, to be used to communicate and align team vision
- • Researching and analysing similar features within existing titles
- • Testing and evaluating game elements and providing appropriate feedback.
- • Taking responsibility for mentoring, supporting and elevating the performance and team values of nDreams.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Open-ended problem solver - Analytical mind that can proactively breakdown.
- • Performance and accountability – results-driven, achieving targets, paying attention to detail, demonstrating drive, commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard whilst focusing on profitable delivery
- • Team work – helping the team to achieve results through collaboration and empowerment.
- • Communication and relationships –ability to work effectively with a wide range of team members, communicate clearly both verbally and in written format, and to build strong work relationships
- • Planning and organising – ability to prioritise work and identify and manage workload both for yourself and for your project teams
- • Narrative and gameplay pacing - The ability to deliver strong story and gameplay beats. An interest in pacing and narrative structure within an iterative process.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The position is remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or via email@example.com