We believe in the transformative potential of VR, and we want to work with people who can let their imagination run wild to bring truly new ideas into our games. Overcoming the challenges we face in pursuit of these ideas means we need to get the most out of the platforms we work with, so we're looking for a graphics programmer to join our team and help build the technology that lets our artists and designers breathe life in to the experiences we create.
We're looking for a Graphics Programmer to join our team and help us bring beautiful worlds to life in VR.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Collaborating with technical and creative staff to come up with timescales, implement features and resolve issues.
- • Writing stable, readable and modular C++ code that makes best use of Unreal Engine and its existing pipeline
- • Discussing available resources with other disciplines to establish reasonable and pragmatic performance budgets for VR games
- • Researching, implementing and supporting new rendering features across multiple platforms.
- • Participating in development of tools that improve artist workflows.
- • Profiling and optimising existing code and systems.
- • Liaising with tech art and other disciplines to help art and design teams direct their efforts.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Debugging and data optimisation - An understanding of how to get the most out of a frame, such as reducing memory usage or shader complexity, or knowing when to pick a fresh approach.
- • An eye for aesthetics - The ability to discuss with artists what works visually and how to make it fit in to a game
- • C++ programming - Ability to write readable, reusable, safe and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering.
- • 3D maths and data structures - An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- • Collaborative - An empathetic individual who can collaborate with a multi-discipline team, empowering artists and exchanging ideas/technical plans with the design team.
- • Self-learning and mentoring - Someone with a desire to research, learn, and improve their own knowledge, and pass that knowledge on to others.
- • Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate your work to both technical and non-technical people to help them overcome issues.
- • Experience in graphics programming – Deep knowledge of key technologies used in graphics programming for games, such as C++ and HLSL.
- • Proven experience graphics programming in a modern game engine for published PC, console or mobile titles in a professional team or studio environment.
- • Bonus: Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
- • Bonus: Experience developing Virtual Reality apps for mobile, console or PC.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The position will be remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.