We’ve got an exciting vacancy for a talented Level Designer to become a key member of the design team. As a Level Designer you will be responsible for designing, implementing and iterating environmental locations, mission scenarios and combat encounters in our upcoming AAA-quality VR games. A strong interest in narrative and gameplay pacing would be beneficial.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Use best practices to design and deliver ground-breaking worlds that support the core mechanics and vision of the game from inception to final product.
- • Construct mission, AI and combat scenarios to deliver memorable player experiences, iterating on them to the highest quality through peer feedback and user testing.
- • Collaborate cross-discipline to maximise workflow efficiency and push quality benchmarks.
- • Engage in peer review, accepting critique and thinking outside the box to bring effective solutions to design challenges#
- • Helping out with narrative and storytelling through level design.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Demonstrable experience of using level design tools and software to create rich and compelling game worlds from concept to greybox to final. (knowledge of UE4/Blueprints desirable).
- • Clear understanding of level design principles, concepts and best practices.
- • A keen eye for combat/enemy composition, enemy AI placement and behaviours.
- • Effective written and verbal communication skills; strong documentation and attention to detail.
- • An ability to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively to the team.
- • A true team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multidiscipline team and with the aptitude to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- • Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping a AAA title are both advantageous.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The position is remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or via firstname.lastname@example.org