Looking for an opportunity that allows you to build and develop an animation team whilst still remaining hands on with the game’s development? Our Art Director Glenn is on the search for a Principal Animator to become a central part of our studio and drive animation excellence across our diverse upcoming VR games.
If you are passionate about quality animation and have the skills and desire to inspire an animation team to new heights of excellence, then get in touch.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Creating best-in-class animations, utilising both expert character animation skills and wider cinematic sensibilities.
- • Working closely with the Art Director to input on, and explore how, a title’s initial art direction can be interpreted within animation. Expertly craft and freely explore diverse animation techniques and styles as required.
- • Evangelising high class animation within the studio. Collaborating closely within multi-disciplined teams to deliver a product where animation excellence helps deliver outstanding end products.
- • Building a top tier animation team. Be responsible for the growth and development of the team – from new hires to inspiring and training existing team members.
- • Be the go-to person across the studio for all thing’s animation.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A highly experienced animator, with either 4+ years’ real time games animation experience plus a relevant degree or equivalent qualification, or the equivalent in years of experience.
- • Someone with an adept understanding of animation, timing and weighting, across a varied selection of animation styles, from realistic to stylised.
- • An expert developer with established experience in the use of Motion Builder and the Motion Capture process, plus relevant development software/engines – e.g. Maya, UE4, Unity etc.
- • An experienced team player with strong communication skills and a well-tempered and consistent attitude. Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, both respectfully and in way that inspires them to strive for quality.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contract positions based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org