Principal Character Artist
This is an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team at nDreams and work on stunning, exciting new VR titles. We are looking for an experienced and highly talented Principal Character Artist to lead the direction of character art here at nDreams.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Manage and develop the Character Team at nDreams
- • Responsible for Character Art on multiple VR titles
- • Work with the Art Director, Concept Artists and Project teams to take designs from 2D to game ready assets in Unreal
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A talented and ambitious Principal Character Artist with a passion for VR gaming.
- • Minimum of 5 years game development experience and at least 1 published title as a Principal/Lead Character Artist.
- • Excellence in Zbrush, Maya and PBR material creation.
- • Demonstrates a deep understanding of console and VR workflows and capabilities.
- • A team player with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver character content on multiple VR titles/platforms.
- • Highly effective communicator and character team manager.
- • Recommended or highly advantageous to have experience in, or the aptitude and willing to learn, animation rigging tools and processes.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contracts, remote working for an initial period then transitioning onsite to our modern studio based in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via firstname.lastname@example.org.