Principal Gameplay Designer
Design Director, Jay, is on the hunt for a Principal Feature Designer to collaborate closely with our Game Directors to develop world class VR games and experiences. The role involves comfortably navigating between hands on detailed projects and contributing to the wider nDreams business strategy. If you are a maestro of feature innovation, a top tinkerer of gameplay systems and a leader of creatives we’d love for you to get in touch!
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Working collaboratively with all members of the dev team you will lead design implementation of the highest quality game features, AI systems, Progression, UI, Multiplayer, interactive elements, etc.
- • Be the main point of contact for Feature Design issues across the studio projects.
- • Managing and leading the feature designers on multiple projects across the studio.
- • Adding experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to the design processes and the design team.
- • Taking responsibility for mentoring and elevating the performance of the design team members.
- • Continually assessing and improving the design implementation pipeline and processes, ensuring that nDreams methodologies stay at the forefront of industry best practice, are commercially efficient and well organised.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Open-ended problem solver- Analytical mind that can proactively breakdown target experiences into world class features aligned with the Game Directors vision.
- • Performance and accountability –Results-driven with commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard whilst focusing on profitable delivery
- • Leadership and Motivation – Leading by example to promote the effectiveness of the team, managing individual performance, agreeing goals and plans for the team, communicating with and involving others and showing trust in others
- • Team work – helping the team to achieve results through good project management to keep tasks on track.
- • Communication and relationships – ability to work collaboratively with the wider team at nDreams and to communicate clearly through email and in person, and with the ability to build relationships at all levels
Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping a AAA title are both advantageous.
- • Planning and organizing – ability to prioritise work, identify and manage workload for both for yourself and for those in for your project teams
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and Fixed Term Contracts, remote working for an initial period. We are currently refurbishing our studio in Farnborough, UK (within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford) and plan to be a fully hybrid working office from April. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or to firstname.lastname@example.org.