Principal Gameplay Designer
Our Creative Director, Steve, is on the hunt for a master of feature innovation, chief tinkerer of gameplay systems and a leader of creatives. In this exciting and critical role, you will collaborate closely with Steve and the Game Directors to develop world class games and experiences. The role involves comfortably navigating between hands on detailed projects and contributing to the wider nDreams business strategy.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Working collaboratively with all members of the dev team you will lead design implementation of the highest quality game features, AI systems, Progression, UI, Multiplayer, interactive elements, etc.
- • Be the main point of contact for Gameplay Design issues across the studio projects.
- • Manage and lead the feature designers on multiple projects across the studio.
- • Add experience, direction, and measurable performance leadership to the design processes and the design team.
- • Take responsibility for mentoring and elevating the performance of the design team members.
- • Continually assess and improve the design implementation pipeline and processes, ensuring that nDreams methodologies stay at the forefront of industry best practice, are commercially efficient and well organised.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Open-ended problem solver- Analytical mind that can proactively breakdown target experiences into world class features aligned with the Game Directors vision.
- • Performance and accountability –Results-driven with commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard whilst focusing on profitable delivery
- • Leadership and Motivation – Leading by example to promote the effectiveness of the team, managing individual performance, agreeing goals and plans for the team, communicating with and involving others and showing trust in others.
- • Team work – helping the team to achieve results through good project management to keep tasks on track.
- • Communication and relationships – ability to work collaboratively with the wider team at nDreams and to communicate clearly through email and in person, and with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- • Planning and organizing – ability to prioritise work, identify and manage workload for both for yourself and for those in for your project teams
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org