Principal / Lead VFX Artist
This is an amazing opportunity to join the expanding team at nDreams and work on innovative and exciting new VR titles. We are looking for an experienced and highly talented Principal VFX Artist to lead the direction of our visual effects team here at nDreams
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Managing and developing the VFX Team at nDreams
- • Be responsible for delivering the VFX on multiple VR titles
- • Working with the art director, concept artists and project teams to produce fantastic effects within the constraints of VR
- • Delivering new and inventive ideas to solve complex issue that arise from the role of VFX within a VR Environment
- • Mentoring good VFX workflow practices with the VFX team
- • Maintaining a strong working relationship and creative understanding with the Game Directors and Art Director
- • Consistently ensuring quality, creativity and effective cross discipline VFX development across multiple projects
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A talented and ambitious Principal VFX Artist with a passion for gaming
- • Minimum of 5 years game development experience and at least 1 published title as a Principal/Lead VFX Artist
- • Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating VFX blueprints, shader networks, particle interactions, dynamic systems, lighting and post processing
- • Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Unreal, Maya, or a relevant equivalent – Houdini knowledge a plus
- • Have an excellent understanding of form, timing, weight and colour to create a sense drama within a gaming environment
- • Demonstrates a deep understanding of console and VR workflows and capabilities
- • A team leader with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver all VFX related game content.
- • Highly effective time management of their own work schedule, and that of the VFX team members
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and Fixed Term Contracts, remote working for an initial period. We are currently refurbishing our studio in Farnborough, UK (within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford) and plan to be a fully hybrid working office from April. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or to firstname.lastname@example.org.