We are one of the world’s largest developers/publishers solely focused on creating VR games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented Programmer to join us here at nDreams to help build innovative game experiences and robust code systems. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation.
We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studio’s goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Writing stable, readable and modular C++ code that makes best use of the Unreal Engine.
- • Working closely with the design department to ideate, plan, implement and balance gameplay features and player-facing mechanics.
- • Building flexible and robust systems and tools that empower the art and design teams to create and balance the game.
- • Communicating technical designs for AI systems to code and design leads.
- • Helping QA to understand game systems and their properties so they can test and verify work accurately.
- • Collaborating with production to estimate timescales for feature implementation and issue resolution.
- • Profiling and optimising code and systems.
- • Taking ownership of key features, ensuring a stable codebase and great player experience.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Professional knowledge of C++ programming using Unreal - Ability to write readable, robust and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering and working knowledge of the Unreal engine.
- • 3D maths and data structures - Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D maths, rendering algorithms and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- • Collaborative - An empathetic individual who can collaborate with a multi-discipline team, empowering artists and exchanging ideas/technical plans with the design team.
- • Self-learning and mentoring - Someone with a desire to research, learn, and improve their own knowledge, and pass that knowledge on to others.
- • Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate your work to both technical and non-technical people to help them overcome issues.
- • A knack for making game mechanics feel right – the ability to combine smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions.
- • Proven experience developing high-quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles.
- • Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
Bonus If You Have:
- • Experience working on a multiplayer game and has working knowledge of best practices during development.
- • Experience developing Virtual Reality apps for mobile, console or PC.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The role is remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.