We are nDreams, one of the world’s largest developers/publishers solely focused on creating VR games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented programmer to join us here at nDreams to help build innovative game experiences and robust code systems. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • To build high quality, scalable features for our exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- • Exchange ideas and technical plans with the design team.
- • Guide features through full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping, and evolving through production development, iteration/balancing and bug fixing.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • An advanced knowledge of C++ programming, design patterns and software engineering.
- • An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- • Able to collaborate with a multi-discipline team, empowering artists and designers.
- • Capable of understanding complex tasks to produce results efficiently.
- • A knack for making game mechanics feel right – the ability to combine smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions.
- • Proven experience developing high-quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles.
- • Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
- • Bonus: Experience developing for mobile, console or PC VR.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org