Fancy the idea of being the main point of responsibility in the delivery of well executed, creative and responsive animation content, style and systems for an entire VR product? We’ve got an amazing opportunity for a Senior Animator role here at nDreams…
What Will You Be Doing?
This opportunity requires a self-driven motivational quality, you’ll need to work creatively and calmly whilst implementing requests from design, art and code to achieve the desired end vision.
- • Creating and helping drive the quality of animation. Working with motion capture data from its conception to its game implementation.
- • Assisting the team of animators to deliver a cohesive and considered animation aesthetic.
- • Assisting the Principal Animator in predicting and estimating animation schedules.
- • Effectively communicating and illustrating animation intentions to the principal animator.
- • Prioritising work, identifying and managing risk and managing workload of both yourself and of those in your project teams.
- • Mentoring good animation practices with the animators and junior animators.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Excellent working knowledge of working within a Motion Capture pipeline using Motionbuilder, Unreal and Maya.
- • Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating animation blueprints and setting up state machines.
- • At least 3 years’ experience in industry as possibly a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline.
- • Show a strong working knowledge of 3D animation with a fundamental understanding of timing, weight and spacing.
- • Preferably several published products within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space.
- • Have experience with motion planning and the creation of locomotion animation sets.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a fixed term contract based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch!apply