Senior Gameplay Programmer
We’re looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Programmer to build tactile, satisfying and responsive game systems. So, if your coding skills are maxed out, you can target bugs with sniper-like precision and your only combo-breaker is an empty coffee cup, our technical director Grant would like to talk to you!
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Building high quality, scalable features for our exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- • Exchanging ideas and technical plans with the design team.
- • Guiding features through full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping, and evolving through production development, iteration/balancing and bug fixing.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A gameplay coder who’s self-motivated, a team player and throws themselves into complex tasks to produce results quickly.
- • Someone with a knack for making interactions and mechanics feel right – the ability to combine smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions.
- • Proven experience programming high quality features for published PC, console or mobile titles, along with authoring efficient and scalable code for games.
- • A thorough knowledge of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- • An advanced knowledge base of C++ programming, data structures, design patterns and software engineering.
- • If you have VR development and Unreal experience, that would be ideal too!
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our small but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
This is a permanent role based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, which is an easy commute from Guildford and London. Salary is dependent on your experience.
If you’re interested, then we’d be delighted to you to get in touch! Send us your CV via the link or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.