Senior Level Design
Our Creative Director Steve is on the search for a talented Senior Level Designer to become a key member of the design team. Through best practices and collaborating with others, you will deliver exceptional levels for our games that support the Game Director’s vision, from early concept and white box all the way through to the final product. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and iterating environmental locations and mission scenarios in our upcoming AAA-quality VR games.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Communicate and work closely with Designers and Artists to create incredible environmental locations that feel compelling and are 1-1 with the gameplay vision.
- • Implement mission scenarios and interactive elements, iterating on them to the highest quality through peer feedback and user testing.
- • Contribute to the creative process by owning the creation of levels from blockout to final, helping to drive the vision of the game forward.
- • Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other designers; mentor and inspire a high standard for level design, pushing quality to the next level and exceeding expectation.
- • Working closely with our Lead Level Designer to plan your work, manage your effort and deliver your work in time.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A passionate Level Designer with 5+ years’ experience who is creative, critical, analytical, and has a strong working knowledge of Level Design processes and best practices
- • Someone with the technical expertise of using Unreal or other level editors and tools to design, implement and iterate on levels and prototypes, plus the initiative, personal drive and organisation skills to deliver excellent results on time.
- • An effective written and verbal communicator, with strong documentation and attention to detail skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts succinctly and effectively.
- • A true team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multidiscipline team and with the aptitude to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- • Experience with Agile/Scrum and shipping a AAA title are both advantageous.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or email email@example.com