We are nDreams, one of the world’s largest developers/publishers solely focused on creating VR games and experiences. We’re looking for a talented Senior Programmer to join us here at nDreams to help build innovative game experiences and robust code systems. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation.
We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studio’s goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • To build high quality, scalable features for our exciting AAA-quality VR games.
- • Demonstrate sound technical design and implementation, setting an example for the rest of the team.
- • Guide features through full development cycle – starting with rapid prototyping, and evolving through production development, iteration/balancing and bug fixing.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • A specialism or area of proven focus – e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Animation, Graphics, Tools, UI or Gameplay.
- • Aptitude for thinking at a project or team level – suggesting improvements, warning of potential issues and mentoring more junior coders.
- • An advanced knowledge of C++ programming, design patterns and software engineering.
- • An understanding of 3D maths and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- • Able to collaborate with a multi-discipline team, empowering artists and designers.
- • Capable of understanding complex tasks to produce results efficiently.
- • A knack for making interactions and game mechanics feel right – the ability to combine smoothing and hysteresis with visual, audio and haptic feedback to create convincing and fun interactions.
- • Proven experience developing high-quality features for 3+ published PC, console or mobile titles.
- • Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
- • Bonus: Experience developing for mobile, console or PC VR.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our established, but growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously: Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
This is a permanent role based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, which is an easy commute from Guildford and London. Salary is dependent on your experience. If you’re interested, then we’d be delighted to you to get in touch! Send us your CV via the link or send us an email to email@example.com