We’re looking for a self-driven Technical Animator to work collaboratively with our Art and Engineering teams to define and assist in making and supporting animator friendly character pipelines and cutting edge character animation features and tools. The successful candidate should have an an understanding of real time animation systems (preferably in UE4), practical understanding of node graphs, animation blueprints, animation trees and other animation related engine and editor technologies. Being able to develop and support tools and workflows that help with attaining the desired visual result is a vital skill required in this role, whilst understanding of character and props control systems/rigs and deformation systems is a big plus. Strong communicative skills, both visually and verbally plus a keen technical aptitude towards new software and real-time animation are key to this role.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Developing, testing and maintaining artist-friendly animation systems and pipelines in collaboration with animators, gameplay programmers and other team members as required
- • Participating in integration of the animation assets into the game engine
- • Participating in design and integration of skeletons, deformation, and control rigs
- • Providing support and troubleshooting for animation team
- • Providing technical support for character artists and animators during entire production process
- • Working closely with the Principal Animator, Principal Technical Artist, Principal Character Artist, Rigging Artist and Code Team
- • Creating concise documentation for toolsets that the team can rely on
- • Working within a team-orientated environment to maintain the highest quality artwork, evangelising their specialism, illustrating the effectiveness of character and animation pipelines wherever possible, and applying their practical knowledge to the development process of an entire product
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base in applicable areas of Maya and UE4
- • Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating animation blueprints, designing and supporting in-engine animation tools
- • Experience with Python and familiarity with the Maya API.
- • Recommended or highly advantageous to have experience in, or the aptitude and willing to learn, animation rigging tools and processes.
- • Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing, and weight.
- • Be able to work as a part of artistic and technical teams.
- • Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
- • Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- • Consistently strive to maintain or exceed the highest quality standards of the Art Department.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and Fixed Term Contracts, remote working for an initial period. We are currently refurbishing our studio in Farnborough, UK (within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford) and plan to be a fully hybrid working office from April. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or to firstname.lastname@example.org