Our artists believe in the power of VR to immerse and entertain players like no other medium can. We’re seeking a Technical Artist to collaborate with and support the team, ensuring their content looks great in-game whilst adhering to the technical constraints of projects and hardware. Whether you’re a games industry veteran or an experienced VFX Technical Artist/Director who’d like to make a change, we’d love to hear from you.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Collaborating with artists to help them create high quality, performant, true to artistic vision content
- • Consulting graphics and engine programmers to understand the technical constraints of project, engine and hardware.
- • Reviewing and profiling game performance. Discussing any issues with programmers and artists to diagnose and address.
- • Reviewing creative processes to identify areas that could be improved with tooling, engine features or automated systems.
- • Liaising with VFX artists to design efficient materials and particle systems for delivering spectacular effects.
- • Writing scripts (or generating specifications for programming work) to improve workflows.
- • Locating and absorbing technical documentation for engine features or new techniques. Recommunicating relevant information to a potentially less technical audience.
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Professional experience working in the games or VFX industries as a technical artist or content creator.
- • Knowledge of modern content creation pipelines, especially in context of content performance profiling and optimization.
- • Familiarity with a large game engine like Unreal 4, Unity, Lumberyard etc. (or proprietary equivalent e.g. Anvil, Frostbite).
- • Practical, demonstrable knowledge of Python.
- • Understanding of node-based material/shader authoring.
- • A variety of skills and experience in technical content creation – for example these might include 3D modelling, LOD generation, rigging, material/shader authoring, VFX creation, lighting, vertex animation, destruction and physics, etc.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to talk to team members from all disciplines in a clear and concise manner.
- • A practical and balanced style, with a calm approach to resolving issues. Able to listen, empathise and see others’ perspectives.
- • An enthusiastic individual who believes in Virtual Reality as a medium to entertain and engage people.
- • Although not required, knowledge of programming/scripting languages (C++ or Unreal Blueprint) would be beneficial.
- • Knowledge of shader authoring (HLSL) and optimization would be a plus.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
We are looking to fill permanent and fixed term contracts, remote working for an initial period then transitioning onsite to our modern studio based in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via firstname.lastname@example.org.