We are searching for a talented Technical Designer who loves creating prototypes of VR interactions and mechanics. In this hands-on role you will work collaboratively with our team of coders and artists to prove out early pitch concepts or implement mechanics for games in full development. Employing a fail fast attitude, you will overcome technical challenges on the path to discovering fresh VR experiences. You will be taking ownership, driving quality and designing collaboratively to inspire other disciplines to support the creation of the features that you will balance and tune.
What Will You Be Doing?
- • Creating prototypes of VR interactions and mechanics with programmers and artist to establish proof of concept
- • Communicating effectively between your feature team and the wider team, ensuring content and mechanics are aligned with Game Directors vision
- • Solving challenging technical problems using creative and innovative solutions in your designs, scripts and blueprints.
- • Persistently troubleshooting, chasing down issues that block you or your team members.
- • Collaborating and inspiring other team members to develop world class VR experiences
- • Seeking feedback and playtesting to help tune and balance features
- • Identifying and solving technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final
- • Researching, analysing and gathering relevant reference material on similar features within existing titles
Who Are We Looking For?
- • Open-ended problem solver - Analytical mind that can proactively breakdown.
- • Performance and accountability – results-driven, achieving targets, paying attention to detail, demonstrating drive, commitment and focus to producing work of the highest standard whilst focusing on profitable delivery
- • Team work – helping the team to achieve results through collaboration and empowerment.
- • Communication and relationships –ability to work effectively with a wide range of team members, communicate clearly both verbally and in written format, and to build strong work relationships
- • Planning and organising – ability to prioritise work and identify and manage workload both for yourself and for your project teams
- • Narrative and gameplay pacing - The ability to deliver strong story and gameplay beats. An interest in pacing and narrative structure within an iterative process.
Why Join nDreams?
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The position is remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below or via email@example.com.